Motorhome Hire Terms & Conditions
Booking Terms And Conditions (READ CAREFULLY EACH POINT IF YOU DO NOT ADHERE OR AGREE WE CANNOT ISSUE REFUNDS)
The hirer and Driver is between 25 and 70 (70-79 by prior arrangement).
The hirer has a full UK driving License.
The hirer can provide 3 forms of Identification as the identity requirements further below
The hirer has 6 Points or less.
The hirer has had no more than 1 accident in the previous 3 years.
Booking requires £250 deposit (Refundable if cancelled 6 weeks prior, non-refundable if cancelled less than 6 weeks of travel ) Deposit may be re-assigned to alternative dates at hirer’s discretion.
Final Balance due 3 weeks before travel.
Ability to pay by Debit or Credit card.
Can pay a refundable GB £500 for UK travel and GB £1000.00 for EU travel by debit or credit card at commencement of hire.
The hirer is not a professional sports person, professional entertainer or Jockey (alternative insurance may be available please enquire) The hirer is not an undergraduate or student under the age of 25.
We may apply a fair usage mileage charge. A UK rental allows a 100 miles of travel per day (700 per week) a European rental is 1000 miles per week, if you exceed this substantially we may charge you £0.20 per mile thereafter.
In the event of cancellation of your rental vehicle the following charges will be applied:
- More than 6 weeks prior to departure – Booking deposit
- 6 weeks to 2 weeks – 50% of total hire charges or Booking deposit (whichever is greater)
- 2 week to no show – 100% of total hire charges.
We recommend you take out personal travel insurance that includes cancelation cover.
Common reasons why you may not get your full security deposit back
- The waste tank / toilets have not been emptied before being returned (£50 or £100 charge respectively)
- Pets have been in the motorhome without prior notice (£45 charge)
- Any damage caused by the aforementioned pets.
- There is any damage to the motorhome (internal or external) or it has been in an accident.
- Not returning the vehicle to us with the agreed amount of fuel. The charge will be £25 per 1/8 of a tank
- A cleaning fee of £50.00 if the vehicle is not returned with the interior in a clean condition.
- A deep cleaning and sanitation fee of £300 if the vehicle is smoked in.
- Not paying congestion charges, parking charges or tolls, we will charge £25 administration for each one we have to deal with in addition to any statutory charges.
- Returning the vehicle late a charge of £50 per hour may be charged
Our motor insurance: You can read our full policy schedule at the point of hire at request. The Vehicle is insured for loss & damage to the Vehicle and the property of a third party; but does not include any personal insurance for the customer or cover any personal possessions.
The hire rate quoted includes a standard excess of GB £500.00 per accident or reported incident.
In the event of any damage to either the vehicle or third party property, the hirer will be liable for the first GB £500.00 per claim.
Please note that no insurance cover is offered for overhead damage caused by the hirer (EG you drive into a bridge or overhead barrier), or any damage deemed as gross negligence (as per section 4 of our full terms and condition’s) or any internal damages to the living area or cab. Mis-fueling and loss or replacement of keys is not covered by insurance.
Mirrors, windows and /or tyre damage are not covered by the standard vehicle insurance.
Example charges are at time of publishing (August 2018): Mirror glass £20, Mirror Plastic shell £50, Full Mirror £100, new tyre £125, replacement windscreen £180. These Items are all less than the insurance excess at £500.
Identity requirements for hiring one of our Motorhomes
a. Driving License Photo card (with the same address as the documents listed below)
b. Online DVLA License check code
c. Paper license accompanied by passport (with the same address as the documents listed below)
d. 2 separate utility bills ( pleases see the table below for examples)
The following documentation is acceptable for proof of address as a utility bill. Any two of the following are
acceptable. (Not older than 90 days)
- Gas Bill/Statement
- Electric Bill/statement
- Water Bill statement
- TV License
- Landline telephone bill/statement (Including Sky/Virgin/BT etc)
- Broadband bill/statement
If only one of the above is available one of the following in addition to one of the above will suffice.
- Loan/finance/credit agreement
- Bank Statement (if you use internet banking, your local branch will supply a printed statement over
- Credit card statement
- Council tax bill/statement (if this is not within the 90 days) some councils will email an up to date
statement of account.
- Mortgage statement
- Loan/finance/credit statement
Joint statements in couple’s names are acceptable, statement’s in the sole name of a spouse/parent is not eligible as
Plan ahead, you can be added as joint name to a water bill, gas or electric bill with one weeks notice.
DVLA Driving license can have the addresses updated in less than 2 weeks
WARNING ALL ADDRESSES ON SUPORTING IDENTIFICATION MUST MATCH THE DRIVING LICENSE.
IF THE ABOVE IS NOT AVAILABLE ON THE DAY OF HIRE.
THE HIRE WILL NOT PROCEED AND NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN.